Learning Japanese

Does this bundle look like it’s worth it, or is it a scam?

7 Likes

That’s a tuff one. If I was really going to buckle down and learn and not give up after a couple days I’d say yes get it. There seems to be a bunch of material to learn and have fun while doing so.

4 Likes

It’s only $20 for the bundle in e-format.

4 Likes

Oh that’s it…snag that up asap. Lol

3 Likes

@Beestie did you get it? If so, how are you doing with it?

4 Likes

I got it and promptly forgot I bought it. My company had its corporate Xmas party last week and I was running flat out with setup and breakdown. I will have to break that out now that you reminded me.

I also have the Rosetta Stone lifetime acct on my phone and 'puter (it was on sale one weekend for $147.99USD down from $299USD). Japanese is one of the languages it offers.

5 Likes

Nice I really want to learn Japanese just have not got to where I can do it. Its to bad I wasn’t able to learn it when I was younger lol. Maybe my brain would be able to figure it out then.

5 Likes

I just started using

Its been good so far. They can spam emails if you’re not careful though.

5 Likes

So what is the difference between “senpei” and “sensei?”

2 Likes

The P and the S…Gees! Foreigners am I right?

1 Like

先生 Sensei - honorific for a Senior or someone of great respect, such as professionals in their field; doctors, teachers, martial arts instructors, etc.

先輩 Senpai - someone in comparison to you who is your senior or leader, for instance a teacher who you get well along, or that older classmate or colleague, etc.

4 Likes

Okay, that clarifies it. Danke schön.

3 Likes

This girl helps us learn to speak Japanese (and it doesn’t hurt that she’s a serious waifu!). Oh, and everything I’ve seen online about Duolingo says don’t use it for Japanese, it’s WRONG! Still checking into Rosetta Stone which is what I bought to learn Spanish.

4 Likes

Dangit. I might have to start watching subbed. Shut up, @somwhere !

2 Likes

Shashingo (a Japanese vocabulary program) is on sale on Steam right now for $17.99.

Won’t teach you syntax or sentence structure. It’s just basic words and how to read them – think picture books with birds and busses and boobs. Well, all right, maybe no boobs in this one.

Has outstanding reviews. Link takes you to Steam for purchase.

2 Likes