So what game are you playing or wanting to play right now?

What are you playing these days? What are you planning on getting into?

For me I have been playing A metric ton of Palworld, Hearts of Iron IV followed my Mechwarrior Online on STEAM. Mainly a PC gamer myself but I certainly have a switch and 40K Stuff. Everything is portable for me as I travel a lot.

I plan on getting into Aliens Dark Descent and Riot: Civil Unrest.

8 Likes

Right now its Granblue: Relink on ps5 finishing that out then Iā€™ll move back ontop Blazblue Entropy and Dave the Diver, But I also have my side games that I handle everyday from Azur Lane to Nikke to Star Rail. But really its all about the end of Feb leading to FF7!

5 Likes

That actually is a pretty good lineup right now, seems like a nice spread on your interests as well. I was on the fence with phone games even though it probably would match my lifestyle far better. But I too want to give Dave the Diver a shot.

5 Likes

I wasnt big into phone games but these ones have kept me in @somwhere got em started in Azur and another friend told me I should play Nikke cause its my type of game love em, Star rail was a personal choice and Ive grown to love it. Dave is great if you like metroid-vania/manager type games you will like Dave

5 Likes

I see where you are coming from for sure with the mobile games. Played a lot of ā€œBoomerā€ phone games for a bit and then I had to stop because it was pretty bad considering the standard I do have for PC. I thought about Nikke to be completely honest, I mean I appreciate the aesthetics and all I mean it isnā€™t too hard to see.

But my chief thoughts on it is the same as I usually have for most of my games which is customization and gameplay. I will download it tonight on my phone and try it. I mean what is there to lose? I imagine I too will be apart of the jiggle fam now I suppose.

4 Likes

If you are gonna play Nikke it does have a pc client

4 Likes

Well that helps a lot, I would prefer to play it on PC to be honest.

4 Likes

Azur Lane. Iā€™ll delve back into Palworld once the fob for my controller arrives.

4 Likes

Pal is great, I was curious about the Azur Lane phone game but like Nikke I kinda stayed away from it. But I suppose I will be giving it an honest try at some point.

4 Likes

If you do, head over to the Washington server to join us.

4 Likes

I have been holding myself back from buying ā€œLike a dragon: infinite wealthā€ till I pick up a ps5 but the urge is hitting me really bad to dive into it lol

4 Likes

I am playing World of Warcraft and Hogwarts Legacyā€¦

5 Likes

I really donā€™t play many games these days, though I have started playing a bit more recently. Trying to beat the Super Mario RPG remake on the switch currently, going for 100%.

Iā€™m also interesting on the remakes of ā€œPaper Mario: The Thousand-Year Doorā€ remake/re-release on the switch coming out later this year, along with the Luigiā€™s Mansion 2 re-release on the switch thatā€™s also planned for later this year.

I consider myself a more casual gamer these days, though I used to be very hardcore in the past, as I was a Platinum Trophy Hunter on PS3 and PS4, and had about 60 platinum trophies on my account, some were easy some were a bitch to get. I just donā€™t have the time, energy, or even motivation to play games much these days.

Most game systems are more geared towards multiplayer or online only games many times with a huge learning curve and tones of complex mechanics and loot to collect. To Be honest, when games get so complex they become a chore to play, I donā€™t find them relaxing and fun, something they become anxiety educing. Thatā€™s why I have gravitated more towards Nintendo Games these days.

Not to mention the whole Generation 9 of consoles, they way they were released and everything at 2020 with the scaplers and cruddy planning and lack of caring for the consumer base by Microsoft and Sony, kind of rubbed me the wrong way and ruined gaming in general for me. Sure I can play most games on my PC, but when Iā€™m playing a game I prefer to sit on my couch to do so, as the computer chair just isnā€™t comfortable enough for long gaming sessions. And the who botched release and impossible to get below scalper prices of the 9th Gen of consoles made me completely lose interest in them all together. Sure the consoles are easy to get now, but still way to expensive and they missed their chance to catch on with me. Besides I havenā€™t seen any games that really catch my eye making me go and buy one of the consoles now.

I prefer retro gaming over modern gaming anyway these days.

Thanks for reading my Ted Talk.

4 Likes

I certainly donā€™t blame you, to be honest, a lot of the newer games, as you said they are multiplayer specifically. For me if a game becomes a chore I generally put it down, sometimes I enjoy that stress though.

IE Hearts of Iron 3,4.

I never really got into achievement hunting myself but i do enjoy looking at some of my friends trophy lists.

I too enjoy retro to death so it makes sense.

3 Likes

Picked up a Starcitizen habit a couple months ago and i am hooked. It scratches all the right itches for a game for me. Has so much to do and so much potential to get better. For a game in open alpha for 12 years its really good. Sure there are bugs and things that get frustrating but remembering that its still in development and not a finished polished game keeps the anger down and makes me want to keep playing. Wpuld love to see more people join the game and find enjoyment in it.

4 Likes

Tbh i understand that, but it looks really good. I got a couple family members who enjoy the game.

4 Likes

Star citizen looks good, that is what my brother is playing. Im a little shocked though 12 years early? Hrrrm i hope you do get what you hope to.

4 Likes

pokemon scarlet, fate unlimited codes, touhou burst battle, and pokemon sword

5 Likes

Its been so much fun. For an alpha early access game developed and run by an independent studio its well done

5 Likes

Iā€™ve been playing more ā€˜Genshin Impactā€™ and ā€˜Paliaā€™ due to all of the Lunar New Year stuff. Iā€™ve been playing a little bit of ā€˜Palworldā€™ with my husband. Iā€™ve also been getting back into ā€˜Dead By Daylightā€™.

5 Likes