What's the most obscure anime you have watched?

I loved punchline!

6 Likes

No Matter How I Look at It, It’s You Guys’ Fault I’m Not Popular!

Watamote

This… this right here made me cringe. One episode and i had enough but roomie forced me to finish. Beware.
:face_with_spiral_eyes::dizzy_face:

5 Likes

I graduated in 97…lol

3 Likes

For me, the obscure anime is Millennium Actress. Allot of people in my social group that watch anime dont know anything about this. It helped me fall in love with animation even more when i was a kid.
Sennenyoyu

3 Likes

If someone remember this :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

My friend loaned me the first season of Revolutionary Girl Utena plus the movie and i watched it all in a few days. Was a formative anime for me because i never knew yuri anime existed before that. I just thought yaoi was dominant and yuri was a smaller demographic. The movie had partial nudity but overall showed less than say DxD but I never got to finish the anime

4 Likes

Funny enough I thought you meant this:

But nope, Kekko Kamen is something different then Hentai Kamen, though they may be related.

And yes these are my copies of both the live action and anime versions. lol.

I have seen so much anime and own many obscure ones to boot.

A short series I have yet to find outside of the VHS copies I once own was “master of mosquiton the vampire” which I lost all three volumes over the years. Never managed to find it on DVD in store, though now I can find it on DVD on ebay for sure. It was a short lived series OVA with a handful of episodes, comical in nature.
Pic related:

I need to pic up a copy of this series now that I know its on DVD after a quick search.

4 Likes

@Soulex Millennium Actress is an absolute masterpiece of animation. As a matter of fact Satoshi Kon’s full catalogue of films and series are each mind blowing in their own right. Have you seen his other works?

@Zoysite13 This is awesome!! I’ll look for this at the next CON I go to.

3 Likes

009-1
Cold War espionage with female cyborg assassins.

3 Likes

Ooh, that sounds kewl! How many episodes was it? Sub/dub?

2 Likes

12 episodes and it has both sub and dub. I saw the dub version.

3 Likes

Found it on my Anime site. Added to my TBW list.

3 Likes

A very obscure anime that has been on my mind as of late, “Welcome to the N.H.K.”, has got me wondering what everyone’s thoughts are on it. If you feel its too personal, you can have the option of talking with me on the topic via a dm.

3 Likes

Not sure if this counts as obscure, I think it has a following. Still I highly recommend it!

3 Likes