What's the most obscure anime you have watched?

What is the most obscure anime you watched? I’ll start with: “Shōjo Tsubaki” or “The Camellia Girl”. Even though this anime film gathered some steam recently thanks to YouTube, it’s definitely still unknown to many people.

It’s a guro ero film, so its not for everyone. But its style of animation and grungy “feel” is fascinating to me, bear in mind this anime was made by only one artist (Hiroshi Harada).

midor3

7 Likes

I don’t know how obscure it is, but it’s definitely weird. This is the Pop Team Epic (I really liked it)
oh13z23

5 Likes

Probably Hentai Kamen, the live action movie :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

images

7 Likes

All that matters is that it’s new to you. Who’s cares about actual time line. Yeah Netflix gets a lot of there stuf later then others. But I give them credit for trying to expand there inventory. There are so many different streaming services out there

6 Likes

Same for me not sure what is obscure and what not, for me Madoka Magika was kinda dark when I was expecting a really chill and funny magical girls anime but it went differently :joy: I’m not waiting for Uzumaki to be animated in the 2023!

7 Likes

Recently it would be Macadamia Wasshoi!

But I’ve gone down some rabbit holes:
Dual!, Project Arms, Ichigo 100%…
I guess anything from Masaki Kajishima…

7 Likes

This looks super obscure :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

5 Likes

Ohh, I cant recommend Houseki no Kuni enough, as well as Mushishi, Guardian of the sacred spirit , Paradise kiss :two_hearts:

4 Likes

I’m gonna have to check some of these out. Lol

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: I confess I liked it more than I should, but it’s not as bad as the name suggests …

I don’t dare to read the manga though :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Oh I started watching Paradise Kiss… I stopped after getting mad at NANA… :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile: I didn’t go anywhere near Shoujo/Josei for a good while after that​:rofl::rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

Best one that comes to mind is Punch Line.

Basic premise, (TLDR at the end) the world gets destroyed (like ACTUALLY destroyed) every time the MC gets flashed. And we all know what I mean by flashed…
But it’s the REASON the world ends that keeps the plot slowly unraveling its multiple layers. As an author, it would take me hours to explain the subtext, but thankfully the show does a fantastic job of making everything understandable with practically no exposition required.
TLDR: Everything that happens in each episode is orchestrated and has a deeper purpose, which we won’t see until later episodes. Amazing writing disguised as parody of trope.

7 Likes

Did they ever finish NANA? I believe the Author got sick. :confused:

I enjoyed Paradise Kiss. Watched it in High School MANY MANY MANY Moons ago. haha

4 Likes

Nope… Nana is still on hiatus…

From what I read, the author is feeling better, but still can’t get back to drawing… Ugh… must be tough😖

Almost the same here, but I refuse to believe I left high school more than a couple of years ago… :rofl::rofl::rofl: this is not right!

5 Likes

It sounds interesting… I will give it a shot… :smiley:

5 Likes

I will check this one out, thanks! I love stuff like this.

5 Likes

how come 1999 was 23 years ago!! :rofl: like… It ruined my status as my family’s baby

4 Likes

Most of the “aha” moments are at and beyond the halfway point in the story, so it might take some patience.

4 Likes

oh then you would defo get pissed at theending of ParaKiss haha. But Guardian of the Sacred spirit is so awesome and underrated, with an ending that made me not able to close my mouth for an hour!

5 Likes

I really hope she’ll finish it one day. :sob:

It’s like a ‘Song of Ice and Fire’ all over again! :disappointed:

5 Likes