General Hangout

So I take it your not into the more heavy stuff then, and since you liked Alice in Chains and Soundgarden then grunge may be more down your alley, so maybe check out some Stone Temple Pilots, Nirvana, and Pearl Jam.

I also take it your not into country, which I may be a metal head but there are a lot of country songs and artists I enjoy as well, I was gonna list some of them next but I’ll refrain unless your interested.

Primus is more southern rock with a big emphesis on their base playing which is pure genius. Most their songs are never really serious as they just make mainly funny songs to go along with their base playing. A couple of their more popular songs other then the one I posted is “My Name is Mud” and “Jerry Was A Race Car Driver”. They are also known for creating the theme song for South Park. But I can see why they are not for everyone.

Jinjer’s vocal range is amazing! I never heard of her myself until I seen her live and she opened up for Static X. Some artists more down her line you may like would be “Lacuna Coil”, “Raven Black”, or the all girl group “Gold Frankincense & Myrrh”. (funny enough I got to meet Raven Black and GFM and got photo’s with them. Other Female singers with the same type or range as Jinjer would be “Kittie”, and “Castrator”, but they are more Hardcore Death Metal.

As for Mindless Self Indulgence, they are more of a punk/techno/alternative/breakbeat mix. I first heard of them and got to see them live back in 1999 only a couple years after they first started out when they opened for ICP (yeah I used to listen to insane clown posse, lol), and instantly loved the music MSI made and became a fan. The 90’s were wild man, lots of new sounds coming out.

As for Fear Factory and Static X, I have a few more groups in that vane that you may or may not like.

I’ll list a few more songs in the Music is Life Thread for you to check out based on your likes from your post.

4 Likes