Japan exploration

Anyone have suggestions as ill be there in 2 weeks

3 Likes

Try all kinds of food. It’s amazing. Don’t buy water. Tap water is excellent.

Osaka - Visit Umeda - Amazing modern architecture. Den-Den town - It’s all about anime. Namba - Amazing restaurants and nightlife.

Kyoto - A lot of things related to traditional Japan. It can be very crowded.

3 Likes

Depends on where you are going. If it’s in Tokyo, Akibara is the place to go. Tons of stores and shops to keep your interest. If it is Osaka I’d say Shitennoji Temple. It’s not the biggest, but it is the oldest shrine in Japan. On the western side of the islands, there is the amazing Reclining Buddha in Nanzoin Temple, Fukuoka. The west also is Kurume, well known for its sake if you like that.

4 Likes

And you must do a ramen stall wherever you go it’s a classic thing to do

4 Likes

Do a lot of research! I haven’t been, but if you do any research, you’re gonna hear or read a lot of people saying that knowing some basic Japanese will go a long way if you’re not using a service where someone is giving you a tour or if you have a friend who speaks Japanese. Also, know some basic Japanese etiquette. You will need to take your shoes off in some restaraunts and some places will not serve foreigners depending on where you’re visiting. In the more popular places like Tokyo, a lot of things will be translated in English, but not so much in some other areas. Don’t try to tip at restaurants either. They don’t accept tips and will think you left your money on accident.

There’s way more, but those would be my personal concerns.

3 Likes

Yes, another thing. Use cash. Cards can’t be used in 90% of the stores.

3 Likes

If you like your fluffy TP, bring some. Japan (if they have any–many places use bidets) have scratchy institutional stuff.

2 Likes

I would sell my soul to be able to immigrate to Japan. I am more interested in the classical towns like Ouchi-juku than modern cities like Tokyo. I never been to Japan but with all of my visable tattoos no one would accept me, I’m too soft to be Yakuza. But then again if there were soul buying demons part of the deal should be to also get rid of my tattoos as well.

3 Likes

careful…someone may be listening to take you up on that offer…

:smiling_imp:

1 Like

No one there to listen, I have tried and tried.

3 Likes