Photo Feedback

Hey there friends. I’m looking to better my photos of my figure collection. I’ve recently started using colored lighting and am looking for feedback from my fellow Otaku fam!

So what do you think of this one? Just took a pic of this beauty. I’ll use this pic for my review on TOM. What you guys think? Been messing with lighting recently and thought this came out pretty well. Should I have tried different lighting? I went with a violet color for the backlight and a soft white for the front. I love how the white allowed the details of the wings to come through and the violet highlights those details.

Anything I could have done differently? Different colors? Position the lighting different? Feedback please!!! Thanks!

13 Likes

I think it looks pretty good man, But I am far from a professional. I think the solid color backgrounds make for great reviews and the lighting is spot on you can see the detail its not over loading the figure with light spots if that makes sense.

6 Likes

Oh man… I’m far from a pro myself, but I do love to take pics and I’m looking to up my game, you know. I appreciate the feedback. I’ll be dropping more pics soon so I’m looking forward to getting your opinions on them! Thanks again!!!

4 Likes

I’m looking to get Yor in a “sunset” or “red light district” type lighting. What you guys think? Too much?

9 Likes

Little to much

5 Likes

Yeah, thought so too. I’ll keep messing with the lighting. It’s tough to work with red… I might just drop the color all together. Thanks!

5 Likes

What a red yellow mix? maybe a tad bit of a darker red again not a pro but something to tone down bright

5 Likes

Great photo, man :+1: Love the detail. I’ll guess I can share a tip from the artistic side, any line that appears in the background subconsciously transcribes by our brain as a horizon line. That means it must be neither consent with the figure perspective (the lower the line, the higher the angle we’re looking at the figure. The higher the line, the lower the angle we’re looking at the figure), or be placed at one of the 3/4 vertical points of the photo. Also, it can be completely removed, idk, like here

Hope it will help somehow to improve even better :+1:

7 Likes

Maybe it’s too dark for me

4 Likes

I’ll try removing some red and adding yellow to see how that looks! Thanks!!!

4 Likes

I greatly appreciate this and will keep that perspective in mind! Thanks!!!

4 Likes

Thats a great start @Metallman. I would suggest to create contrast between the character and the background. As of now, Yor and the background are so similar that they mix together and it’s hard to see her features, specially her face. I would say try to mix up red with blue and put her in a darker background. Hope this helps.

5 Likes

Sounds great. I did think that maybe the red washed her out a bit and she lost a lot of detail. I’ll give it a try and see how adding a blue changes things up. Thanks!

4 Likes

What do you guys think of this one? I used a computer background, hoping to add a little something extra.

8 Likes

Looks nice. And it fits.

4 Likes

There ya go its super fitting to albedos character really adds more to the picture

5 Likes

Thanks! Im going to start experimenting with backgrounds and this is by first one

4 Likes

I appreciate the feedback! Going to start working with backgrounds more to try to add a little more umph to my pics. Thanks!

5 Likes

Here’s my latest one, friends. What do you think about this back ground for this sweater wearing Albedo?

7 Likes

The background fits nicely imo :+1: Love the vide

5 Likes