Sub or Dub?

The Boxes fit your closets perfectly :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Like dub mostly, sub if there is no dub

5 Likes

Welcome to the community @dragonemporer1, congrats on your first post. Hopefully with due time I can bring to the world of only subbedā€¦running jokes my friend has with me is that, when I visit Japan for my first time imma be wondering where the sub titles are. Lol

5 Likes

welcome @dragonemporer1

4 Likes

Welcome to the Community @dragonemporer1

4 Likes

Dubbed when Iā€™m sleepy and subbed while Iā€™m awake. Most of my romance anime isnā€™t dubbed and isnā€™t forecasted to ever being dubbed.
bento box anime food GIF by HIDIVE

7 Likes

If I just want to watch entertaining series and not have to read subtitles, dubbed anime is the way to go.

4 Likes

Sub. I really enjoy the authenticity and who doesnā€™t love Asian girlsā€™ voices? :smirk:

3 Likes

I think both subbed and dubbed anime have their positives and their drawbacks. When I was a little kid, my mom would always make us watch movies in English with subtitles (English isnā€™t my first language) so Iā€™m used to it. Iā€™ll watch dubbed if Iā€™m primarily listening or Iā€™m doing something else that might take my focus away on occasion (for instance, folding laundry). Iā€™ll do subbed if it is in a language Iā€™m trying to learn or keep, regardless of how much I can understand without the subs. Iā€™ve found that a lot of times things ā€œclick into placeā€ in terms of understanding syntax or expressions when you allow it. As good as Duolingo and the like are, natural flowing conversation isnā€™t something they can as easily replicate. If neither of those apply, then Iā€™ll watched it subbed or dubbed based on availability or if whomever Iā€™m watching it with has a preference. Otherwise, whatever rolls out of Crunchyroll first is fine by me.

5 Likes

For me the preference is dubbed. I find it too hard to pay attention to what is happening and reading subtitles at the same time. So I canā€™t do subbed unless I really have to. (Example Super Dimension Century Orguss, which was only ever partly dubbed, so to finish watching it I had to watch subbed)

4 Likes

Welcome @BrotherHades

3 Likes

Welcome to the Community.

3 Likes

Depends on how lazy I am for the week or if the show even offers dubsšŸ˜‚. I do feel like subs have more emotion than what English dubs express.

3 Likes

I prefer dubbed because I would like to watch the show/movie instead of reading the subtitles

4 Likes

Welcome @Triplej, I see that Rias picture :thinking:

4 Likes

Welcome to the community @BrotherHades

2 Likes

Welcome to the community

2 Likes

Welcome to the community @Triplej

2 Likes

Thanks

3 Likes

Welcome to the community :liz_hi: :liz_hi: :liz_hi: