Weird/Funny situations you got yourself into for being Otaku/geek/anything else?

Naw o could handle it drunk. When I sobered up yeah no fun.

3 Likes

This one happened recently. You remember the naruto run that was popular my family is convinced that I started that for some reason, and that my 5 year old nephew copies me from that ( full disclosure I’m not the one that started that and I’ve never ran like that more than once when naruto was still season 1.):sweat_smile:

5 Likes

your family sees you as an influential person :rofl:

5 Likes

They really mean it as an insult, typical people who are against nerd-comic & otaku-anime/ manga culture heck at least 1 thinks I’m going to hell for it.

5 Likes

@mdphelps1991 yeah I admit I also thought that run was cool back then, I might have even done it a few times.

5 Likes

Dont see the issue here

5 Likes

Oh easy. When Naruto first came out on Toonami ages ago. (Early 2000s) my friends and fellow anime geeks/otakus would get together at our designated “outcast table” in the middle school cafeteria and blab non stop about it. We would do the hand signs and “naruto run everywhere”.

Everyone looked at us weird every day and we definitely got bullied by the school jocks but hey besides those minor things it’s something i’ll always remember. Lol

5 Likes

I get you, it was like this secret thing you all shared, that made it special.

5 Likes

I once visited my friends in Maine. I received a purple shirt with gold lettering in Japanese that had said my name and an emblem of my favorite character from My Hero Academia. I wore it to a card shop in Maine and the guy in front of me in line turned around and asked me what anime it was, and I said, “Its not an anime, its just my name.” He asked 3 more times and I kept repeating myself. Needless to say, someone Otaku’d out on my shirt thinking it was an exclusive item from a show.

4 Likes

Must have been a very nice shirt!

5 Likes

One of my best.

4 Likes

I wear a lot of shirts from just saiyan and I get some weird looks, I get props from other fans of anime and the kids at my kids school redder to me as the anime guy they esp love my all might and Vegeta shirts😂

6 Likes

Going anywhere, saying anything, doing stuff. I live in a very small Texas town and my existence is both baffling and disturbing to the majority of the population. Wearing a anime shirt to the grocery store is pretty much the same as wearing a wetsuit, tutu, and rainbow circus wig.

5 Likes

Best option. Far from people.

4 Likes