What type of games do you play?

I’m not much of a gamer these days, but I used to be very active on Playstation as a trophy hunter with the ps3 and ps4. But eventually I got turned off by most gaming as the focus seemed to go more towards multiplayer online games with season passes and lootboxes. Not to mention Sony making every bad decision they could make regarding the PS5 (come on man, its been 2 years since release yet it’s still hard to find the console).
for now I stick with my Nintendo Switch and PC gaming.

These days free time isn’t as easy to come by, and motivation is less abundant. So the most I do is play a few switch games like Mario Party with my roommate, or occasionally MineCraft working on my world. That is my Zen game tbh.

I also love retro gaming the most, old PS1, N64, SNES, NES etc., as they are more simplified and fun to play with a goal easily set. Modern games I find focus to much on online multiplayer or are to open ended with no real clear goal and way to much micromanagement and distractions, I find them a be overwhelming. To each their own.

I also tend to lean heavily towards indie games.

Some of my favorite games are:

MineCraft
Mario Games
Platformers 2D or 3D
I also Love the Dragon Ball Xenoverse games, have both of them platinumed with trophies, and I love the RPG element mixed with the fighting game format, just with the RNG grind was less tedious.

5 Likes

I love fighting and horror games. Favorite games are Street Fighter, King of Fighters, and for horror Resident Evil, specially 2 and 4.

7 Likes

Any game that involves timely reactions or good coordination of the controls end up in the heap by the end. I really don’t buy physical copies anymore either unless I can find a good deal on one.

6 Likes

So it’s the first one I’m playing from Software games. I generally don’t play games like this cuz I get angry quick, lol. No I’m not a rager. Every time I turn it on I’m walking around just killing stuff, and totally forget about the main quest. I promise to get it done before 2024.

6 Likes

FANSERVICE AND PROUD! Senran Kagura and Dead Or Alive Xtreme are my current favorites, FPS are fun when they last longer than 2 hours, then skyrim.

6 Likes

One of the things I just don’t like is then there is no option for a single campaign. Ok it’s a multiplayer game… great… but give me the option to play it on my own. There is a new Diablo Immortal for mobile, and it’s very good. Feels like an old Diablo II. But it’s just so crowded. I would love it if the game had a single campaign.

7 Likes

I played for a lil but the pay to win is trash. It was a good fix for that Diablo itch. Plus just haveing the ability to play Diablo on the go like that. They have Diablo 4 coming to console and pc here soon if I’m not mistaken.

5 Likes

Yes, they did mention it. But Diablo III was crap… I’ve been waiting like 20 years on that one, and it was so disappointing. I finished it all in like 4 hours… I really hope they will make something more challenging.

6 Likes

I did t think it was that bad. I did try and shoot to be on the leaderboards for a while but that got to repetitive. Hopefully 4 will be way better.

5 Likes

I love RPG games like Dragon Age or Mass effect, and im obsessed with baldurs gate 3 as of late, anything by Larian studios is chefs kiss, even re-playing Divinity 2 atm.

I used to adore MMOs, but only if my guild friends would play with me, altho I did play Valheim alone and enjoyed just building crap.

7 Likes

I see, for me, this is also the first game from Software. I mean, I’ve dealt with DS and Bloodborne (my brother really liked them), but I didn’t play them much because I didn’t really like the atmosphere. I get the beauty of horror and I appreciate their work on it but this doesn’t mean I want to constantly look at it (almost the whole game). I liked Elden Ring primarily because of the visuals. It has locations that are unpleasant for me to see, but it moderately dilutes the mood, so the game even benefits from it

4 Likes

Same here! When I was a child with my ps3, I beat all the prizes out of all the games I had, but with age, I switched to games with battle passes and etc. as the meaning of playing games changed for me. Now I seem to be looking for a reason to play, like if I can’t enjoy the gameplay without it. And if there is no reason (like a challenge, a battle pass) then I simply don’t play the game. That is, I found that games should be suitable for a group or, for example, simply be fun. There’s a deep philosophy hidden somewhere :thinking:

4 Likes

The visuals are what’s brings it all together. They really did an awesome job. They have that new dlc coming plus they said there new game was already done……this is gonna be there year. At least I hope

5 Likes

I can’t wait to play dlc. I think they will have one dlc based on expanding story, and second will be PvP based I am sure.

6 Likes

I really hope for a sequel\DLC, because I always really liked the open world and development optimization features in games. I don’t think there are games very similar to this one

5 Likes

I actually heard only from people that there will be a DLC, is this confirmed by the developers or something? It’s not that I don’t believe, just curious

5 Likes

Software has come out and said that there will be DLC. I’m referring to Elden Ring.

5 Likes

All right, good to know, thanks :+1:

5 Likes

Final Fantasy for the win. also been playing the Men of Medan story games as they have come out but right now i am playing Horizon Zero Dawn Forbidden west

8 Likes

I like RPG Games like Final fantasy, Star Ocean and Kingdom Hearts, and hack and slash as well. I also really like Indie games as well a lot off fun to play an non mainstream game. Also who here is looking foward to Final fantasy VII Crisis core Reunion ?

8 Likes